At Nottingham Coaches we are to carry hundreds of passengers across Nottingham every day. As we all face the unprecedented situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), it is more important than ever that we operate safely and responsibly.
We have enhanced our extensive cleaning regimes to ensure we maintain high levels of hygiene for both customers and employees and reduce the risk of contact with Coronavirus (COVID-19). We will continue to follow advice from the government and introduce any additional measures that are recommended or required.
The safety of our customers and employees is our priority so, in line with government guidance, we’ve put in place some measures to help customers to Stay Apart to Stay Safe.
At the bus stop
- Try to keep 2 metres away from people not in your household while waiting in the queue.
- To allow for social distancing our buses and coaches will temporarily limit the number of customers on board. Be kind and look out for other customers who might need to travel more urgently than you.
- Let people off the bus before you get on and try to keep a safe distance between you, the driver and other customers.
- Our drivers may ask you to wait to board so they can leave the vehicle and maintain 2m social distancing.
On your journey
- As with any enclosed public space the government has manadated that you wear a face covering when you travel on the bus. It’s an added level of safety for you, your fellow customers and our drivers.
- If you need to pay with cash please use the exact amount as we are unable to give change.
- If you can, sit in the window seat, leaving the seats in front and behind you empty. Some seats will be labeled out of use and please don't sit directly behind the driver.
- To enable safe social distancing, please do not stand on the bus.
- Once you’re on the bus open a window, if you can, to help with ventilation and fresh air circulation.
- Our drivers are here for you and if you need to ask them something please keep a safe distance between yourself and the driver.